top of page

5/18/20 | Super Sacks

On the 6th of May, 2020 sampling began from our stockpile of Super Sacks which contain material pulled out of the 240ft level of the Bates Hunter Mine. Our stockpile to date is at about 245 tons or 187 Super Sacks and counting.

Material consisted of muck, remnant vein ore and altered wall rock material. Bags are not consistent or representative of what future ore values could be but could represent a snapshot of currently available material for milling.

Samples were selected in a “Grab Sample” type fashion to attempt at sampling each super sack as equally and most representative of that bag.

Samples were sent to Hazen Research, Inc. in Golden, Colorado who performed fire assay analysis with gravimetric finish. Results presented in Table 1.0 are from Analytical Report 20M01808 and 20M01807.

 

*SSS: Super Sack Sample

* You may notice a few sample numbers are missing and that is due to the inability to read labels because of exposure to sun which has bleached any ink or because the sampler could not safely access a label. 

Screenshot 2022-09-09 at 1.53.19 PM.png

BH Super Sack Sample Descriptions

SSS#1: Ore, rich in pyrite and chalcocite with less than 25% sericite matrix.

SSS#2: Grey color with a hint of green. Medium alteration and disseminated pyrite. Sample is covered in an orange to brown colored dirt.

SSS#3: Color of the sample is white to grey with moderately altered to barren rock. Minimal disseminated pyrite.

SSS#5: This sample is rich in vein ore. 75% composed of pyrite ore and the remain 25% is barren waste rock.

SSS#6: White to grey in color. Medium – low alteration with disseminated pyrite.

 

SSS#7: 90% ore composed of pyrite and chalcocite and the remaining 10% is compose of pure clear quartz. Overall color is a dark grey-black.

 

SSS#8: White, grey, green color. Medium alteration with disseminated pyrite. 30% chlorite composition in altered gneiss.

 

SSS#10: Medium altered rock, grey in color, soft and crumbly non competent rock. About 30% dirt and 70% rock.

 

SSS#11: Grey to white in color with minorly altered rock and minimal pyrite. Some green chlorite and 30% brown dirt.

 

SSS#12: Coarse quartz with pyrite. Quartz makes up about 60% of the composition while Pyrite and chalcocite make up the remaining 40%

 

SSS#13: Mildly altered rock with disseminated fine grained pyrite. Grey to white in color.

SSS#14: Mostly a light brown dirt and barren country rock.

SSS#15: 80% dirt and 20% crushed pyrite and chalcocite crystals.

 

SSS#16: About 20% ore that is a dark grey in color containing pyrite and chalcocite. 80% altered but barren gneiss.

 

SSS#17: 25% coarse ore and 75% medium-low altered rock. Medium amount of pyrite abundance. Light-Dark grey colored rock.

 

SSS#18: 60% ore composed of coarse-grained pyrite and chalcocite greater than 0.3 cm thick. 40% strongly altered rock with disseminated pyrite.

 

SSS#19: White to grey in color with strong alteration. Very few coarse pyrite grains between 0.1-0.3 cm thick.

 

SSS#20: This sample is approximately 40% brown dirt and 60% mildly altered to barren rock. One of the rocks out of this sample about the size of your thumb is composed of chalcocite and pyrite.

 

SSS#21: Grey to green color with brown dirt. Minor alteration with disseminated pyrite.

 

SSS#22: White, grey, Green color in almost barren rock with minimal sporadic pyrite crystals.

 

SSS#23: Grey in Color with a range of barren rock to very finely disseminated pyrite. Minimal chlorite visible.

 

SSS#26: Color of the sample is mostly white with some green chlorite. The sample is mostly barren with very few tiny streaks or fractures with pyrite. 

 

SSS#27: Coarse grained (less than 5%) pyrite with a sporadic and random population. Medium altered rock that is light grey in color.

 

SSS#29: Medium altered rock with abundant pyrite inside of chlorite bands. Chlorite relatively abundant. Color of sample is a light green to white.

 

SSS#35: Color of the sample mostly white with a hint of light grey. Small pyrite crystals are visible on any fracture faces. The Sample is strongly altered but the rock is still competent.

 

SSS#50: Very altered and bleached white rock. Very little visible pyrite with some chlorite.

 

SSS#51: The sample is a light grey color with disseminated pyrite throughout. The sample was covered in a light brown dirt.

 

SSS#52: Medium altered rock with disseminate pyrite. Two small pyrite stringers less than 0.2 cm wide.

bottom of page